The range of voice solutions available is huge. And POTS and PRI are still strong technologies that get the job done.
But if you’re wondering what the latest innovations look like — and if they could improve your business communications — Compass Solutions can help you explore new options.
We can help you determine if you’re getting the most out of your current voice system, and point you in the direction of more advanced technologies should they be a good fit for your business. Our consultative approach means you get the information you need, and the voice system that works for you.
What Legacy Voice Services Do We Support?
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS). These phone services are used out of necessity — there’s nothing else available in an area — or out of familiarity. It’s the original point-to-point connection tool.
- Primary Rate Interface (PRI) / T1. This service can be used to provide PBX or as an intermediary to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
- On-premise PBX. This system now can give businesses the luxury of using VoIP connections with the security of hardware that resides at your location.
- Voice conferencing. The conference call has been a staple of business communications for decades. It’s a simple way to provide voice connection between fairly large numbers of users, but it works.
We can help you make the most of these services by providing assistance with:
- Scalability. Is your business evolving? Are you expanding and adding users? With the right equipment in place for your legacy voice services, you can still have flexibility as your business grows.
- Selection. Is your phone system still doing what you need it to? If you’re curious about alternatives, we can help. We’ll show you options that fit your needs, and help you pick the right solution for each location.
- Management & Repair. Struggling with phone systems that constantly need fixes or adjustments? We help analyze how well your legacy voice is serving you to figure out if it’s still the right technology for your business.
At a point, some legacy voice products outlive their usefulness, and price points escalate because many vendors aren’t selling certain technologies anymore. Learn more here about how to decide what your business needs, and when it’s time to move on to different voice services.