Communication innovation continues to advance, even compared to just a few years ago. Enterprises are investing in collaboration tools, as well as solutions that support and promote mobility. Employees are increasingly able to utilize group messaging, chat, file sharing and video conferencing, which all serve to improve productivity. For enterprises that want to continue on this path, SIP trunking is the answer.
New features will continue to dominate the communications conversation, with specific innovations including:
- New capabilities enhancing enterprise collaboration.
- SIP trunking will be the foundation for multi-channel communications, accessed through a bring your own channel (BYOC) format. This will allow users to access conversations that span multiple channels.
- Emails will largely be traded for voice messages that are conveniently located on a collaboration platform with archiving, retrieval and search capabilities. Overall, keyboard input will decline in favor of voice-based communication.
- Collaboration solutions will prioritize contextual communications.
- Automated tools will support sophisticated storage options on a platform, so all formats, including conference calls, will be recorded. They can then be documented and archived to allow for cross-referencing by employees across departments and geographies.
These features and options offer a new level of productivity in collaboration tools, removing many of the repetitive and low-value activities related to communications. They also provide access to all parties to obtain the data they need, offering productivity and flexibility.
All of the innovations and features discussed above will be offered within cloud solutions, and SIP trunking plays a critical, foundational role in supporting their functions. It’s an important enabler, delivering reliable voice services for both domestic and international calls within headquarters, across branches and by remote employees.
There are several key benefits delivered with this technology:
- Two-directional voice services in a single infrastructure, delivered through virtual phone numbers.
- Enterprise cloud communications infrastructure that is connected to fixed and mobile networks on a global basis.
- Virtual phone numbers provide high-quality connectivity with customers and colleagues across the globe.
- Collaboration is enhanced through advanced business messaging.
- Adherence to regulatory compliance guidelines, such as options for emergency calls.
SIP trunking and cloud communications solutions provide the foundation for better communication and collaboration, increasing accessibility with an organized and secure approach.
As you begin your implementation of cloud communications, choose a telecom partner that is aligned with your vision for digital transformation. They should offer the reliability and security you need and be equipped to handle the scale of the solution you require.
To begin the process of evaluating the right cloud communications solution, contact us at Compass Solutions. We can assist as you navigate each step of the process. We always sit on your side of the table, helping you objectively determine which technologies fit your business.